VIDEO IN EMAIL? IT'S TIME TO EMBED
Tired of recipients of your email campaigns not reading your content, or not clicking through to your website? There’s a simple but incredibly effective tactic that you could be missing out on – video.
Embedding video content into your marketing emails is a dynamic, effective way to catch your target customer’s attention, to entice them into finding out more.
Using video, you can reach far more people and say far more than you ever could in a blog post. You can trigger an emotional response, making your recipient laugh or feel compelled to share something with a friend. You can also solve problems, using video to offer advice, how-tos and other life ‘hacks’, offering your customer something of real value.
Increase conversion by 300%
All of these positive ways that video can boost your brand’s reputation and get customers opening and spending time on your emails are great news, but what about cold, hard facts? Will video make a difference to your bottom line? You’ll be delighted to know that according to Hyperfine Media, embedding video in email can lead to a 200-300% increase in your click-through rate. The research also found that:
· 64% of users surveyed were more likely to buy a product online after watching a video
· Every year, YouTube reports at least a 100% rise in video consumption on mobile devices
· Combining video with full page ads can boost engagement by 22%
· 92% of mobile video consumers share videos with other people
· A third of all online activity is spent watching video
· 36% of online consumers trust video ads
For B2B brands, the research found that:
· 65% of executives visit the marketer’s website and 39% call a vendor after viewing a video
· 50% look for more information after spotting a product or service in a video
· 96% of B2B businesses use video in their marketing campaigns, and 73% of these report positive ROI as a result
A total of 65% of U.S. marketers plan to increase their mobile ad budgets for video in the near future, and 87% already use video content in some way – it could be a very good idea to join them and make video a crucial part of your strategy next year.
However, embedding a video in your next email campaign is only the first step in a change in strategy for your digital marketing team. As for taking the next step, you may also want to consider including video in your landing page (the Hyperfine Media research found that this can increase conversion by as much as 80%), and using it as part of your social media strategy.
You’ll need to invest in creating your own unique video content, or partnering with a company who can make it for you, and spend time finding relevant, interesting video content to share the rest of the time. It’s all about careful curation and making content that your target audience will care about.
You can view an example of embedding videos in email at Online Marketing Now. We offer fully managed video content and production and video streaming directly into emails, meaning the time spent on emails is increased, engagement is increased, and the recipient is held on the call to action.